The Alumni Distinguished Professorships
The Alumni Distinguished Professorships were made possible by unrestricted gifts from the University’s alumni.
Established in 1961, the Alumni Distinguished Professorships are designed to supplement the salaries of professors whose outstanding teaching and research activities ameliorate the quality and the stature of the University. They are available for appointment in any academic area or discipline of the University.
Alumni Distinguished Professors
Milly S. Barranger, Emerita
James W. Bawden (1930-2011)
Doris W. Betts (1932-2012)
Paul Debreczeny (1932-2008)
1997-present: Lawrence L. Kupper
1997-present: Charles H. Peterson
1983-present: Richard V. Wolfenden
Deil S. Wright, Emeritus (1930-2009)