1. These instructions are for acquiring masks and cleaning/disinfecting supplies for research labs and spaces, not for instructional or other departmental use. The immediate goal is to supply the requirements of research spaces as they reopen. Supplies for other phases of reopening will be handled in future announcements.
2. Our process for distribution assumes that individual PIs are responsible for acquiring supplies for their labs from our central distribution location in Chapman Hall. PIs may wish to make joint requests for single pickup, and whole departments are welcome to cooperate, but department chairs are not responsible for supply distribution.
3. Lab PIs in the Departments of Applied Physical Sciences, Biology and Chemistry should contact their coordinators below to order supplies for pickup.
APS: Heidi Harkins (email@example.com)
Biology: Lori Shamblin (Lori_Shamblin@unc.edu)
Chemistry: Ralph House (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Coordinators will communicate requests to CHANL staff, who will prepare supplies for pickup by PI or designate. Individuals picking up supplies will sign up for times to come to the pickup location, which will be the lounge area near the elevators on the second floor of Chapman Hall. Please bring a tote bag or box to carry supplies. Access to Chapman is by key card. PIs (or their designees) will be registered for access Chapman Hall once they sign up for times.
4. Initial distributions of masks will be a 10-shift supply (five masks) for each employee in a lab. Cleaning supplies will be a 2 week supply.
5. These plans are subject to change as we refine the process.
For all other science departments, please follow the instructions on this page: https://college.unc.edu/2020/05/ppe-pickup-other-science-labs/