Transfer Student Success Committee
Transfer students are an integral part of the undergraduate community at Carolina. The retention, graduation, and success of transfer students are an institutional priority. The Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education appointed a Transfer Student Success Committee in the Office of Undergraduate Education in the College of Arts and Sciences. This standing committee will be responsible for developing guidelines that ensure the success of transfer students.
The committee will consider the following areas (among others):
- The needs of students from recruitment through graduation, with a special emphasis on the needs of students who transfer into the junior class.
- Outreach and information for prospective and admitted students.
- Programming and services, including advising, orientation, and other transition services, and the evaluation of transfer credit.
- Participation in undergraduate learning opportunities outside of the classroom—for example, in undergraduate research, study abroad, service learning, and internships.
- The effectiveness of current and proposed initiatives that strengthen the experience and the success of students.
- January 2014 Committee Report (pdf)
- Draft Proposal for The Campus Plan for Transfer Student Success (pdf)
Last revised 6/19/14