The Arts and Sciences Fund
Gifts to the Arts and Sciences Fund play a crucial role in funding the College of Arts and Sciences’ highest priorities — enhancing student engagement, recruiting and retaining faculty, deepening academic excellence and providing a global curriculum.
The Arts and Sciences Fund serves as the dean’s unrestricted discretionary fund. These dollars allow the dean to meet unexpected needs and support initiatives as they arise within the College.
The Arts and Sciences Fund helps shape the experience of nearly every student in the College. Examples include:
- Study Abroad: The Arts and Sciences Fund enables students to travel to London, Hong Kong, and even the Galapagos, translating their knowledge from the classroom into real-world achievements. Find out more about student travels by searching for #heelsabroad on your favorite social media platform.
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention: Recruiting and retaining top-tier teacher-scholars as they are vied for by peer schools is of utmost importance to the College. Our new faculty members are experts in their field and come from all over the world. The College is proud to have many distinguished professors who challenge their students to think across disciplines.
- Research Opportunities: The College of Arts and Sciences forms the academic core of the Carolina experience and is on a mission to create knowledge and discover innovative solutions to the world’s greatest challenges. Gifts to the Arts and Sciences Fund provide the resources our faculty and students need to research topics from DNA and organ transplants to global food security and ecosystems.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives: The College of Arts and Sciences is a place of diverse talents, backgrounds, interests and experiences. This diversity is one of the College’s greatest strengths, allowing new ways of thinking and seeing the world to emerge. Gifts to the Arts and Sciences Fund help to fund key diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to further foster unity and belonging for our community.
The College of Arts and Sciences recognizes annual donors to the Arts and Sciences Fund of $1,500 or more as members of the Dean’s Circle. These alumni, friends and parents make a difference in the lives of College students and faculty every day through their leadership level support. We are incredibly grateful for the investment and pride that those in this group have for the College, and for their commitment to excellence.
Young alumni who make an annual contribution to the Arts and Sciences Fund of $500+ (1-5 years after graduation) and $1,000+ (6-10 years after graduation) will qualify as members of the Dean’s Circle.
The College also acknowledges gifts at the following University levels:
- Cornerstone Society: $25,000+
- Chancellor’s Circle: $10,000 to $24,999
- Carolina Society: $5,000 to $9,999
- 1793 Society: $2,000 to $4,999
Learn more about Chancellor’s Clubs.
Director of Annual Giving
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The Annual Fund